*Test smoke detectors monthly and replace smoke detectors over ten years old.
Taylor County Fire Rescue conducts fire safety inspection of business and other commercial occupancies to evaluate compliance with fire and life safety regulation such as exits, fire alarms, fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, fire suppression systems, hazard storage, and more.
Are You Ready for Your Fire Inspection?
Below is a list of frequent cited definiteness:
- 1. Street Address must be clearly marked and visible (in contrasting color) from the street fronting the property.
- 2. Are your exits unlocked and free of obstruction
- 3. Has your Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinkler system been inspected annually by a certified licensed contractor?
- 4. Have your fire extinguishers been inspected annually by a certified licensed contractor?
- 5. Are your Emergency Lights and Exit Signs visible and in proper working order?
- 6. Are you using extension cords instead of having additional electrical outlets installed?
- 7. Do you have any electrical wiring that is exposed or electrical boxes that are not covered?
- 8. Are flammable liquids stored in approved containers and/or cabinets?